BREAKING NEWS: Food before 1 is NOT just for fun! But it certainly can be an exciting and fun milestone for both baby and parents. The early months of feeding set the tone for your baby's lifelong relationship with food and are critical for shaping food preferences and ensuring baby is receiving key nutrients for growth. If you have a baby under the age of 1 or a baby on the way, this toolkit is for you!
We know introducing baby to solid foods can be nerve-wracking, and there's so much conflicting information out there about the "right" way to do it. Let us clear things up for you with this all-inclusive toolkit so you can start solids with confidence!
- How to know when your baby is ready to start solids
- Choosing the feeding style that's right for your family (purees, baby-led weaning, or a combination approach)
- How to establish a positive feeding environment
- Setting yourself up for success (essential supplies to navigate this new milestone with ease)
- Our top starter foods (16 foods we love for baby, why we love them, and how to serve them)
- Building a balanced plate (how to ensure baby gets all of the key nutrients they need to thrive)
- How and when to advance textures so you don't get stuck on purees
- Food safety (conquer your fear of choking through education)
- How and when to introduce food allergens
- And more!
If you're looking for a little extra support, check out our Baby Bumblebee package which includes this toolkit, a 90-minute virtual counseling session, and 30 days of on-call support from a dietitian!
A Solid Start: Baby's 1st Bites Toolkit
(c) 2020 Healthy Hive Family Nutrition, LLC
This purchase includes a downloadable file. You may print this document for personal use only. This material is for the recipient only and may not be reproduced or transmitted by any means including photocopying, recording, electronic or mechanical sharing, or any other method of information sharing without the written permission of Healthy Hive Family Nutrition, LLC.
If you find our resources helpful, we hope you will spread the word and refer your friends and family, but please do not share this file directly with others.